- GE 90-70 PLC with Genius Module Remote IO
- GE DC Drives
- Siemens 1500 PLC
- Siemens ET-200SP Remote IO
- Siemens 15″+7″ Confortpanel
- Siemens 6RA80 DC Drive (DCM)
- Siemens S120 Drives system for tension stand
Reasons for Upgrade
- Obsolete Hardware
- Functionality Improvements
- Upgrade Tension Stand to allow for plated material to be slit, added loop control with sensor to have automatic depth control.
- EDC installed the new control upgrade while a section of the Machine was being modified by K&S Machinery.
- EDC helped remove and rewire the removed section.
- Did a partial startup on the sections that were remaining to reduce customer downtime once the tension stand section was finished.
- While adding new controls for the modified tension stand section, EDC upgraded the PLC and existing 2x DC drives to state-of-the-art Siemens hardware.
- Added loop sensor so operator does not have to manually control the loop depth to keep material in the pit
- Created intuitive screens for easy control for the operator/easy troubleshooting for maintenance
- Upgraded all communication to Profinet
- Added remote connectivity
- New line speed display to the system
- Combined 4 separate feeds into the machine to one common feed for the whole machine.