With industry-leading knowledge and 50 years of expertise, Electronic Drives and Controls authored a new website page to help you advance your wire and cable lines and deliver attainable solutions to current and future issues you may face.
As you may know, operating a wire or cable production line can be complex and daunting. As many systems and processes run simultaneously, a small malfunction can result in significant waste, rework, delays, or down time. With drawing, annealing, stranding, jacketing, spooling, and even packaging involved, EDC’s new educational guide to resolutions for common pain points in wire and cable production lines is a true game changer.
To view the full website page visit below:
Issues you may be facing include:
- Drawing line runs too slow or will not hold speed regulation
- Excessive wire breaks
- Annealer voltage regulation is inconsistent
- Excessive set-up time due to mechanical intervention required
- Hot or cold spots in extruder barrels or unable to maintain proper temperature in barrels or dies
- Improper colorant or compounding mixes/weighs
- Unable to maintain proper wire tension throughout jacketing line
- Unable to maintain proper ratio between extruders
- Footage count is too long or too short in your rewind line
- Finished product touches the floor or scuffs
- Obsolete drives and/or PLCs
- Difficult to train new operators on older equipment without a rich graphics display and dashboard.
- Analog controls should be replaced with digital to eliminate variations due to temperature, humidity or electrical noise
- Shift-to-shift set-up inconsistencies
- + many more!
This website page gives you multiple options of fixing your wire and cable pain points, depending on the nature of the problem, the time available to address them and, of course, your budget. There are many relatively small steps you can take to take a bite out of the larger issue. Or it might be time to retrofit the whole line, without needing to install a more expensive, completely new line for a fraction of the cost and in less time.
You deserve to feel confident in the future of your wire or cable production line and EDC is here to help. Reach out to EDC today and we’ll help you tackle your production line obstacles, no matter how small or large!